Douglas R. White Authorship of Computer Systems and Programs
PUBLISHED SOFTWARE: ON-LINE THROUGH PROJECT IMPRESS, DARTMOUTH COLLEGE
1. 1967. Societal Research Archives System. FORTRAN-based computer archive of 50 coded cross-cultural studies, indexed by variable and topic, society, time period, language family, and sampling procedures. Developed at and distributed by University of Minnesota.
2. 1970. M.E.C.C.A.: Maximum Extensibility for Cross-Cultural Analysis. Interactive computer system installed at Dartmouth, containing ten widely used cross-cultural studies, and available through TELENET to other campuses. The system has been widely used by undergraduates, graduates and faculty, and has resulted in several cross-cultural publications by users. Now also available in part at University of California, Irvine (see below).
3. 1977. MECCA: Maximum Extensibility for Comparative Analysis. Program design for a general-purpose instructional and research system for modular comparative datasets which may be combined when their samples overlap, or the same variables are coded on different samples. Contains subroutines for N-way, cross-tabulation, continental mapping of trait distributions, non-parametric partial correlation analysis. Codebooks published by University of California, Irvine, School of Social Science.
PUBLISHED SOFTWARE: INCLUDED IN UCINET
4. 1980. REGGE: Regular Graph Equivalence and REGDI: Regular Graph Equivalence. Algorithm for Relational Blockmodeling of Social Networks, FORTRAN program for the IBM PC. Completed under 1976-1980 NSF grant "Network Analysis of Compadrazgo and Multiple Role Systems in Rural Tlaxcala," with Lee Sailer, Research Assistant, L. Brudner and H. Nutini, co-PIs. Regge is now implemented in the original version in NetMiner
5. 1991 "Centrality in Valued Graphs: A measure of betweenness based on network flow" (L.Freeman, S.Borgatti, drw) Social Networks 13:141-154.
6. 1994 "Centrality Measures for Oriented Graphs" (drw & Steve Borgatti) Social Networks 16:335- 346.
PUBLISHED SOFTWARE: WORLD CULTURES Electronic Journal
7. 1986-1996. MAPTAB: Cross-Tabulation, Recoding, Mapping, and Data Management for the Cross Cultural Database. World Cultures 1(3). New Editions: 1986, 1987, 1988, 1989, 1993, 1994.
1994. Latest reprinting with Color Graphics World Cultures 8(1).
8. 1985. READER: Browsing software for electronic diskette journals. World Cultures 1(3).
9. 1989. AUT-COR: Regression Analysis with Autocorrelated Variables. World Cultures 5(1). With Karl Reitz and Malcolm Dow.
10. 1989. AUT-SPAT: Spatial Autocorrelation Analysis. World Cultures 5(1).
11. 1989. AUT-TREE: Phylogenetic Autocorrelation Analysis. World Cultures 5(1).
12. 1995. Fisher-B: A Program for Exact Significance Test for two- and Three-Way Interaction Effects" World Cultures 8(2):33-36. With assistance by Patrick J. Gray.
13. 1996. CORR-REL: : A Program for Reliability Assessment. World Cultures 9(1):7-32. With Patrick J. Gray.
14.2000. SEA. [Statistical Entailment Analysis. Data analysis program based on set theory and logical entailment.] Manual for Statistical Entailment Analysis 2.0: Sea.exe World Cultures 11(1):77-90.
1984. Microcomputer Version for the IBM PC. 1975. PDP-10 Version.
PUBLISHED SOFTWARE: Networks, History, Kinship, Power nd Exchange On-Line Journal (for Publications) and Discussion Forum (for Conference Papers)
15. 1996. PGRAPH: Matrimonial Graphs & Kinship Network Analysis. Networks, History Kinship, Power and Exchange Discussion Forum (Passworded). PGRAPH Manual with Patricia Skyhorse. Kinship, Networks, History and Exchange 1(1).
Wayfarer: Charting Advances in Social Science and Humanities Computing
2001 Parenté Suite: Users Manual for Analysis of Kinship and Marriage Networks (drw, Patricia Skyhorse, with PGRAPH software by D.R.White), In, Orville V. Burton, Terence Finnegan, David Herr, eds., Wayfarer: Charting Advances in Social Science and Humanities Computing , CD-ROM produced by the National Center for Supercomputing Applications, Urbana, Illinois. A "seminar on a disk" updateable through the World Wide Web, it accompanies Computing in the Social Sciences and Humanities, ed. Orville V. Burton. Urbana: University of Illinois Press.
16. 1971. Quality of Urban Life: Simulation of Neighborhood Social Interaction. Used in University of Pittsburgh Urban Studies courses, with B. Vargus, and distributed to other universities.
17. 1976. Fuzzy-Structural Equivalence. A generalization of structural equivalence using fuzzy-set measurement. Precursor to Lee Sailer's B coefficient and the White-Reitz regular equivalence algorithm.
18. 1977. NETWORKER. A general-purpose system written in APL for social network analysis of multiple relations and multiple attribute data, and designed for large as well as small networks.
19. 1978. INTRAC: Interaction Boundary analysis as a method of decomposing multivariate data structures. A FORTRAN package written with Robert Pesner.
20. 1979. AUTOCORRELATION: A Regression Package with Autocorrelated Effects or Disturbances. An APL package designed with Malcolm Dow, written by David Hansen.
21. 1980. NETCAT: A Network Analysis and Relational Semigroup Generator Package. FORTRAN program with subroutines for computation of composite path structures or semigroups of relations in network data, simulation of network data structures, homomorphic reductions of semigroups and graphs, and entailment analysis of relational semigroup structures, suitable for link-list and matrix network datasets.
22. 1987. REGE-D: Regular Graph Equivalent-Distances. FORTRAN algorithm for Relational Blockmodeling of Social Networks, for the Cray Supercomputer.
This page has been accessed times
since May '96.