Comparative Research home site (UC Irvine): World Cultural Comparison COURSES and WORKSHOPS using the
Standard Cross-Cultural Sample
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial 2.5 License.
Terms of the Creative Commons License:
You are free:
- to Share -- to copy, distribute, display, and perform the work
- to Remix -- to make derivative works
Under the following conditions:
Noncommercial use only:
- You may not use any of this work or data for commercial purposes.
- Cite the original source as
Do not use of the html text at Douglas R. White. 2007. Comparative Research home site,
http://eclectic.ss.uci.edu/~drwhite/courses/. Irvine, CA: University of California, Irvine.
- This site is obsolete: Cite the original source of the Spss file(s) for the Standard Cross-Cultural Sample as
William Divale. 2007. Standard Cross-Cultural Sample Spss files. World Cultures electronic journal.
-- Doug White
Spss has been replaced by R data files not only for all 2008+ variables in the SCCS (Standard Cross-Cultural Sample)
but also the Ethnographic Atlas, Binford foragers, and Jorgensen Western Indians. Overall,
links in this package of web pages contain core materials for cross-cultural research and illustrations of ways
the SCCS and other datasets can be used in courses. See:
This on-line site is