list and explication of some formal theoretical properties in networks: 1. centrality: betweenness, closeness, degree.
2. position: structural, regular and other kinds of equivalence.
3. strength of ties: strong/weak; uniplex/multiplex; weighted/discrete.
4. hierarchical embedding: implicational structures (entailment), lattices/semi-lattices, trees.
5. duality: entity/attribute (lattices); actors/positions (blockmodeling); holder/possession or property flow duality (pgraphs). See Concept Lattices or Galois lattices (GL) GL 1 GL 2
6. cohesion: circuit blocks, structural endogamy; groups; cliques.
7. division: structural holes; segmentation; partition; bipartition.
Network Theories of Social Structure
This page was accessed: times after Nov 23, 1996.