General Anthropology WEB Resource Pages
Doorways to anthropology
Directory of Anthropologists with web sites (Google)
Anthropology, Informatics and Related
Sciences (CAIRS), research site maintained by Doug White
Guides to Internet Resources on Anthropology, by Richard Robbins
- WWW Virtual Library: Anthropology
- Anthropology: Instructional Resources & Syllabi
- AnthroGlobe Journal
- Anthropology newsgroups, by Danny Yee
- Anthropology Resources on the Internet
Links to Aboriginal Resources: Bill Henderson's massive list.
Native American Sites, a truly wonderful list of links by Lisa Mitten.
- Native American Links
- Native American Indian link resources, by Paula Giese (passed away 1997)
- Netzwerkanalyse. Eine praxisorientiere Einführung
Part one: Methoden der Ethnographie, Hartmut Lang und Michael Schnegg.
- American Anthropological Association
- Society for Visual Anthropology
- Museum of Man
- Anthap: The Applied Anthropology Computer Network
Traversing Anthropology's Cyberspace: ANTHAP and New Electronic Communities for Anthropologists a paper by James Dow
presented in the session The Applied Anthropology of Computing at the Annual Meeting of the Society for Applied
Anthropology, March 27-31, 1996, Baltimore
Society for Economic Anthropology
Society for the Study of Symbolic Interation Homepage ,
links to qualitative sociology
Departmental Home Pages
Center for Social Anthropology and Computing, University of Kent,
Canterbury, the oldest anthropology site on the web, very extensive,
including their software archives"
- UCSB Anthropology,
with a demo of the
Yanomamo Ax Fight CD and a great alphabetical annotated index of
Lawrence University Anthropology Homepage
- Institute of Social and
Cultural Anthropology (Oxford) publications, abstracts, references to other
sites. Also included here is
HADDON, the online catalogue of archival ethnographic film footage (1895-1945)
- USC Virtual Library for Anthropology
- Wash U Anthro Page
- Washington Social Studies Site
- Sidney Anthropology Links
- USF Anthropology Links
- Anthro: Library of Congress
- Anthro Students
National University of Ireland, Maynooth
- World history"
Individual Home Pages
- Ethnomusicology On-Line
- Tutorial: Kinship and Social Organization
by Brian Schwimmer, University of Manitoba
- Ancestors in Africa:
Selected readings and Mambila case material
- Microstate Resources,
a web page devoted to information about all states with populations
under 1.2 million.
- Unoffical Gorilla Home Page
created and maintained by Mark Scahill (UKC). Information about
Mountain Gorillas, and Mark's simulation of the remaining Mountain
- CAM Websites: Cultural Anthropology Methods - Links for the methodologically minded.
- Analytic Technologies,
publishing home of Anthropac, UCINET, World Cultures, CAM and
Steve Borgatti (Steve_Borgatti@msn.com)
CDC EZ-Text software website. See the
article by Jim Carey, et al in CAM Vol 10 #1.
- QSR-NUD*IST WWW server: software support for Qualitative Research (Australia)
Cross-Cultural CD (HRAF) from Silverplatter, cross-cultural data for your
Human Relations Area Files (HRAF), the new HRAF homepage.
National Science Foundation
UCI's "Linkages" home page
- Cultural Ecology Specialty Group
- Middle East Studies etc
- Appropriate media for training and
development - a book by Zeitlyn, J.
Transcript of the TV documentary "Dr Miller and the Islanders"
broadcast Thursday, 26th February 1998 at 9.30pm on BBC2
Anthropology 33 "Culture and Communication" a lower division course in the Anthropology Department at UCLA
introduces some basic concepts in linguistic and cultural anthropology.
- Southeast Asian Images and Text (SEAiT)--University of Wisconsin
Social Networks Home Pages
- UCI LINKS-LIST TO SOCIAL NETWORK WEB SITES
- Six Degrees of Separation
This page has been accessed 3630 times
since May '96.